- About LUCRF
- Super school
- Forms and publications
- When am I covered?
- When does cover cease?
- What happens to my insurance cover if I go on unpaid leave?
- What are my insurance options if I had previously lodged a TPD Claim?
- What happens if I am a LUCRF Super member and have not made an insurance choice?
- What happens if I am a Personal Plan member and have not applied for an insurance choice?
- What happens to my Death & TPD insurance when I cease work?
- What happens to my insurance when I close my account?
- What happens to my Death & TPD insurance cover if I am a casual worker?
You are covered 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as long as all policy terms and conditions are met including:
- Your application is received by the Fund within 60 days of being signed and dated OR you are granted default cover (1 unit of Standard Fixed Premium Death & TPD) as a LUCRF Super member (exludes Personal Plan and Pension members), and
- Your account has sufficient funds to cover the cost of the insurance premium, and
- You are actively at work on the day you complete this application (not Personal Plan members).
Please note: All Personal Plan members must apply for and be accepted to receive insurance cover.
Cover ceases in the following circumstances:
- Your LUCRF Super membership ceases
- You write to us to cancel your cover (cover is cancelled from the date your request is received)
- You have insufficient funds in your account to cover the cost of the insurance
- You reach the relevant benefit expiry age:
- 65 years for Income Protection
- 70 years for Death and TPD
- The date a Death, TPD or Terminal Illness benefit becomes payable from the insurer
- If no formal notification is received of unpaid leave in excess of 90 days
- The date the policy ends.
This depends upon the type and duration of your unpaid leave. Please contact LUCRF Super before you commence any unpaid leave that exceeds three months.
If you have previously lodged a claim for Total & Permanent Disablement, through any previous super fund or insurer, you will be limited to 1 unit of Death Only cover.
Should you wish to obtain any higher cover, you will need to complete a OnePath Personal Statement and any other requirements which will be reviewed by the insurer. The OnePath Personal Statement can be found in Related content.
Please note: the amount of Insurance cover applied to your account or detailed on your statement is not guaranteed and is subject to you meeting the policy conditions and providing correct personal details.
LUCRF Super will allocate 1 unit of Standard Fixed Premium Death and TPD as the default cover for any member who is under 70 years of age and has joined after 1 April 2006 (exluding Personal Plan and Pension members).
This cover will continue until you decide to request its cancellation in writing, you are in excess of the age limits, your account balance has insufficient funds to cover the cost of insurance premiums or you close your LUCRF Super account.
The default cover will also be allocated where a member fails to complete a Member Insurance Election Form (and the Fund receives a contribution or membership application with no Insurance Election Form).
You can elect to change your default cover on a Member Insurance Election Form from 1 unit of Death & TPD to up to 4 units of Death & TPD or 6 units of Death Only within 90 days of becoming eligible for cover. After 90 days, you will need to apply for increased cover using the Member Insurance Election Form and/or OnePath Personal Statement (see Related content).
In the event of Death or TPD, only your superannuation account balance will be payable. Personal Plan members may apply for insurance by completing a Personal Plan Member Insurance Election Form and a OnePath Personal Statement and be approved in writing for coverage.
Please note: you may be requested to provide further medical evidence or attend a medical examination if required by our group insurer.
Your insurance cover will continue after you cease employment for as long as your account has sufficient funds for the relevant premiums to be deducted and you are within the age limits and policy conditions.
When you close your account your insurance cover ceases.
You have the option to convert your insurance cover to an individual contract with the insurer providing that a written application is received by the insurer within 60 days of closing your account with the Fund.
Your insurance cover continues for as long as the value of your account is sufficient for the relevant premium to be deducted and you are within the age limits and policy conditions.
Want to know more?
If you have any further questions or would like more information, please call 1300 130 780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.