How we handle complaints
We take complaints seriously and have a formal procedure for handling your enquiries and complaints fairly and confidentially.
We will conduct an investigation and respond as soon as possible within 45 days. If your complaint is urgent, please call us on 1300 130 780.
To lodge a formal complaint, please complete the form below.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint over the phone by calling 1300 130 780, by email or write to us. To assist, please include your full name, current address and where appropriate your membership number.
The Complaints Officer
PO Box 211
NORTH MELBOURNE VIC 3051
What if I'm not satisfied with the handling of my complaint?
If after receiving our reply you are not satisfied with the response or how your complaint has been handled or you have not received a reply within 45 days (or 90 days for death benefit objections), you may be able to refer your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides a fair and independent complaint resolution service that is free to consumers:
Please note, there are some time limits for lodging certain complaints with AFCA:
- You must lodge a complaint about a decision in relation to the payment of a death benefit within 28 days of being given notice of our decision.
- If you permanently ceased employment because of the injury or illness that gave rise to a claim for a total and permanent disablement benefit (TPD benefit), make a complaint to AFCA within four years of our decision about the TPD claim.
- If you did not permanently cease employment because of the injury or illness that gave rise to the claim for the TPD benefit, you must make a complaint to AFCA within six years of our decision about the TPD claim.
- Complaints about statements given to the Commission of Taxation such as contributions information must be within 1 year of the date of the notice.
- For other superannuation complaints, you have two years from the date of our response to your complaint.