Income Protection insurance cover
Feel confident that you’ll have temporary financial support if you have to stop working due to illness, injury or accident.
What is Income Protection cover?
Income Protection, sometimes called Salary Continuance insurance, provides a regular monthly benefit up to 85% of your pre-injury/illness salary. The first 75% is paid as income and anything over 75% is paid into your super.
- Choose to receive benefits for up to 2 or up to 5 years
- Select a waiting period before you receive benefits of 30, 60 or 90 days
- Cover is available for members under 65
- Low cost cover that varies with your age and work category
- You must work a minimum number of hours per week (15 hours for a full-time or permanent employee)
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Evidence of income is required when you make a claim
- Exclusions also apply – e.g. for pre-existing medical conditions.
To learn more about who's eligible read our Insurance Guide.
Offer for new members
New members can apply for up to $700 per week of income replacement cover for up to 2 years with a 30-day waiting period, without generally providing medical evidence.
Your work category reflects the general nature of the work you do and affects the premiums you pay. When you apply, you’ll be allocated either 'Heavy Blue', 'Light Blue', 'White Collar' or 'Professional'.
You can apply to change your work category at any time.
How much might it cost?
For example, a male aged 24 with a Heavy Blue work category pays $44 per year for an Income Protection benefit of $500 per week. If he makes a claim, he’s eligible for a 2-year benefit period with his chosen waiting period of 90 days before the benefit starts.
To learn more about premiums based on your age read our Insurance Guide.
Want more information about income protection?
Contact us for assistance.Get in touch
Insurance cover is provided by OnePath Life Limited ABN 33 009 657 176 AFSL 238 341 (“OnePath”) and subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance policies issued by OnePath.